Even if you didn’t mine 10,000 bitcoins using your old PC in 2012, bitcoin, ethereum, altcoins and blockchain technology are still in their infancy. 99.9% of the world’s population is barely aware of how bitcoin, ethereum, and other blockchain-based tokens are starting to address real use cases, such as:
- Banking the unbanked or under-banked;
- Putting personal, medical and financial data under the control of the individual;
- Providing decentralized, peer-to-peer, fast, world-wide, un-hackable, non-inflationary engineered currencies;
- Allowing individuals to buy, sell, lease, and hold title to property and land on public blockchains that are un-hackable and un-alterable, even by nation states;
- Digitizing assets and allowing creators to get paid for their work in a more direct way that allows them to control and profit from their work.