Basic Attention Token (BAT) is an ERC-20 token that works on the Ethereum blockchain. It is used by an advertising platform, which is built into the Brave web browser. Publishers receive it for their contents, users — for their consideration, and advertisers simultaneously achieve greater effect from their advertising. The Brave browser is unique in that it has a built-in advertising system that monitors the behavior of users viewing web pages. The system makes it possible to track not only the sites visited by the user, but also improve the overall effectiveness of advertising based on other user actions.
What is Basic Attention Token
The Basic Attention Token focuses on the functioning of digital advertising within the Bravo browser. In the current situation, advertisers do not have tools to adequately assess user activity, most of the information is irrelevant or deliberately false due to fraudulent activities.
Users eventually are getting advertising, which is not only uninteresting to them, but also irritating. Because of this, advertisers, and companies spend large sums without getting the desired return on investment. For comparison, in the Basic Attention Token (BAT) review project developers give the following figures:
• To download advertising, which is usually uninteresting to the user, the mobile device takes an average of 5 seconds, each such action reduces the charge, and also spends the traffic.
• Statistical data record a decrease of battery life up to 20% due to advertising.
• Income from the placement of advertising content in recent years decreased by 30-35%, damage to advertisers, caused by bots, rogue programs that mimic user activity and other malicious software is estimated at 7,2 billion dollars.
The developers of Basic Attention Token emphasize that in such conditions, digital advertising is experiencing a crisis period, equally disadvantageous for both advertisers and users. The creation of Brave browser will solve this problem, creating a platform for mutually beneficial cooperation inter advertising companies and audience.
Principles of work
The current situation with targeting on user preferences creates a false view, as a result of which digital advertising does not reach the target audience for which it is destined. According to Basic Attention Token news, project through the Brave browser offers the following solutions:
1. Tracking the behavior of users on the network in real time and generating relevant statistics.
2. Blocking of all malicious programs, bots, trackers.
3. Creation of conditions for mutually beneficial cooperation — users receive accruals in the Basic Attention Token crypto currency for viewing advertising content, sites — for attendance.
4. Full disabling of advertisements by the user — for a fee.
5. The provision of statistical data to advertisers — also for BAT coins.
The developers of the project guarantee the confidentiality of the use of such a browser — all personal data does not go beyond the connected device. Only the participant’s activity, his preferences and interests are tracked.
Working with the given data allows advertisers to create the most effective advertising, receiving profit not only for the provision of services, but also for visiting sites by network members. The users themselves are also encouraged for the activity by accruals. In all transactions, Basic Attention Token is used.
The platform does not have its own Basic Attention Token wallet but coins can be stored in any ERC20 compatible wallets. Browser can be downloaded from the official site.
Prospects of the BAT project
It can be said certainly that Basic Attention Token is rapidly developing — it already now has great success and interest among investors. In May 2017, for 30 seconds, 1 billion BAT tokens were sold, all people spent about $35 million to purchase crypto currency. In general, the excitement around all this is huge. As for Basic Attention Token price prediction, according to analysts, the growth of the BAT token rate is expected in the near future. In mid-October, BAT engaged partnership with Uphold, resulting a 26% increase of the Basic Attention Token (BAT) coin price over the course of the day.